Philly is DNC ready: donkeys abound, flags are everywhere, and red, white, and blue lights decorate the city. High temperatures aren’t stopping anyone from enjoying the fun – only mirroring the excitement. Even though the DNC technically starts today, delegates and visitors were not short on things to do yesterday.
Visitors arrived at 30th Street Station and the Philadelphia International Airport, greeted by enthusiastic volunteers.
People out and about in Philly were proud to show off their DNC style.
Boasting seven different locations, PoliticalFest has been attracting political buffs since Friday. PoliticalFest has featured celebrity interviews, screenings of speeches from past presidents, political trivia, and political feud, giving the audience plenty of opportunities to show off their knowledge.
The Philadelphia Museum of Art, famous for the Rocky steps, housed a welcome party for delegates.
Philadelphia’s Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts also hosted a delegate welcome party, with a performance by PhillyBloco.
The excitement is far from over. Coming up today:
- Philly’s best food trucks will convene at PhillyFeast from 11-3 pm in Old City at 3rd and Arch Street.
- PoliticalFest continues from 10 am to 6 pm throughout the city.
- Historic Philadelphia Programming for children by CHUBB at 7th and Chestnut from 11 am -1 pm.
- WHYY Presents Pyne Poynt from 7 pm – 10 pm.
- Caucus Meetings throughout the day.
- Voices of Voting, a play commissioned by the Committee of Seventy.
Continue to check in for more updates as the convention gets going!