PHILADELPHIA, PA – The Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee for the Democratic National Convention today announced that it is seeking an experienced event planning firm to plan and organize three major events that will take place immediately before Convention week. The Host Committee will hold a welcome reception for members of the media and Convention attendees; a welcome event for delegates and alternates to the Convention, State Democratic Party staff, and other guests; and a thank you event for Convention volunteers. Firms wishing to bid on this RFQ will be required to show they can provide services such as event production, design, managing contracts with sub-vendors, and event setup and breakdown for all three events.
“These welcome events will kick off the Convention festivities, and a good event planner is critical to helping us make them fun and successful,” said Kevin Washo, Executive Director for the Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee. “For many of those participating in the Convention, these parties will be their first experiences in Philadelphia, and we want to make sure each event runs smoothly and everyone has a great time.”
The welcoming event for members of the media and Convention attendees will be held the evening of Saturday, July 23, 2016 for about 10,000 people. The welcoming event for delegates and alternates to the Convention, State Democratic Party officials and staff, and other guests will be held the evening of Sunday, July 24, 2016 for about 12-14,000 people. The volunteer party will be held July 21, 2016 for about 10,000 people. All three events will take place at local Philadelphia venues to be determined in the coming weeks.
The event planner will be responsible for an array of services for each event, including:
- Themes and decor;
- Identifying companies willing to provide in-kind services such as food, beverage, catering and similar needs;
- Setup, including tenting, furnishings, tables, chairs, serving equipment, linens, and other items as needed in conjunction with food and beverage service;
- Overseeing and implementing load-in and load-out of all temporary structures/tenting, facilities, equipment and supplies;
- Arranging for entertainment and guest activities, including staging, audio and lighting as needed as well as production effects and signage;
- Creating and overseeing run-of-show and rundown, managing all aspects of entertainment and program onsite, and serve as principal contact with the venue.
The RFQ can be accessed here. Firms wishing to respond to the RFQ must do so by Wednesday, February 17, 2016; selection will be made the week of February 29.