PHILADELPHIA, PA – The Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee for the Democratic National Convention today announced that they have issued a Request for Qualifications for an experienced event and design production firm to help present PoliticalFest during the 2016 Democratic National Convention. The selected firm will be required to provide event design, production and management services for PoliticalFest, a one-of-a-kind, multi-day festival, celebrating political history, government and the road to the White House. It will be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center from July 22-27, 2016 and will be open to the public.
“PoliticalFest will be a fun, educational experience for people of all ages to feel a part of the Convention excitement, and an experienced event services team is critical to making this event a success,” said Kevin Washo, Executive Director of the Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee. “The Host Committee is committed to enabling Philadelphians to participate in some of the Convention action, and PoliticalFest will be an opportunity for members of the public, media and delegates to have fun together. We encourage firms with a proven record of success in event production and management, especially those with a local connection, to bid on this RFQ.”
The firm selected through the RFQ will be responsible for providing event production services for PoliticalFest, including responsibility for planning, producing and managing the event.
In responding to this RFQ, firms will have to demonstrate an ability to fulfill a scope of services including:
- Developing detailed plans and layouts for the exhibition space;
- Production design;
- Working with potential exhibitors and providers to determine needs;
- Custom fabrication of different parts of the exhibit as needed;
- Assigning spaces, providing setup and handling logistics for exhibits;
- Subcontract for maintenance, security and ushering services;
- Manage volunteer guides and assistants of PoliticalFest and individual exhibits;
- Staff and operate ticketing operation;
- Subcontract for other needed staging, lighting, sound, production effects, audiovisual and other facilities and services as needed;
- Develop and manage schedule of special events and appearances, and oversee run of show;
- Coordinate and oversee removal of exhibits and load out.
The full scope of services needed as well as additional information and the RFQ itself can be found here. Responses to the RFQ are due by 5 pm EST on February 8. The contract will be awarded the week of February 15.